2903 Columbia Pike
The Arlington Draft House building is the only operating theater in Arlington that remains from the cinema boom of the 1930's-1940's. It is an excellent example of the art deco style. For the local area, it was representative of Columbia Pike's shift from a rural thoroughfare to a commercial district. This area grew up around the anchor of the Arlington Theater- visually, physically and socially. The theater was originally known as the Arlington Recreation Center and included a movie theater, contained commercial stores and a 24-lane bowling alley. The opening announcement in The Sun on 16 August 1940, emphasized the building's air conditioning. Today, the building houses a variety of comedy and movie selections, including a selection of menu options from appetizers to a full meal.